The POC was originally designed as a proof of concept to show the possibility that internet access can be drawn from the air in well populated-areas and even provide internet access to your home when configured properly.
Needless to say, it works and has since been upgraded and modified to suit a number of purposes. It can also add wireless functionality to devices that otherwise do not support it. I currently use one to extend my connection to my equipment in the shed where there is no other internet access.
Although I discovered this on my own, it's possible that the idea has been used elsewhere by other people. This is not some technological breakthrough and I am not claiming to be the grand-wizard of the internet for discovering it. These are simply my results and development of an idea that I am sharing with you.
Similar functionality exists in a modern commercial "repeater" but with limited capabilities.
We do not advocate illegal use or theft of the internet - if connecting to a private / encrypted network you must have consent from the network owner.
This guide will explain how to build your own POC with a basic configuration that is very customizable is readily capable of the following :
- Creating or extending the reach of your existing wireless network.
- Providing wireless functionality to non-wireless devices.
- Creating a private sub-network to enhance privacy on a shared network.
- Encrypting or proxying the connection of any/all of your devices.
- Using an existing wireless signal to provide a single-stable point-of-connection for any/all devices in your home.
- Improving the signal of distant network.
- Providing all other functions of a commercial router/client-bridge/repeater.
Click here to view additional uses and reasons to use a POC.
Click here to see how it works.